Approaching Tisha B'Av
With half an hour to go to the start of the Fast, I am just going over my last few days in my head.
I've just attended my brother-in-law's funeral service in England - technology! - and it was so beautiful. Didi was such a good wife to Greg and he will be missed.
My day started last night, as they all do (Biblical days). I learned another session of Tomer D'vorah until late last night, for the healing and well-being of people close to me. When my eyes would no longer stay open, I went to lay down, falling asleep to the sound of another teaching. Again, standard practice here.
Shacharit this morning, a Hebrew lesson and a couple of small tasks got done before the funeral this afternoon. I missed Mincha, but I wanted to attend Greg's goodbye service. It was such a wonder to hear that they had both come back to the Lord. Answered prayer.
I have several Tisha B'Av videos and teachings set up to watch over this night and day tomorrow. We will pray Ma'ariv with the short Kinot tonight and then the full Shacharit with the long kinot tomorrow morning. A small break, then we pray Mincha. I have a lesson after that at 4pm, but since necessary work is allowed after Midday, I should be fine!
I am looking forward to this fast. I am grateful for friends to share it with. If I had to sit here all alone for 25 hours, I might very well be tempted to put some edibles in my mouth, so I am glad for the company.
Tsom Qal
Comments
Post a Comment
Please feel free to comment on any of my posts