Tomer Devorah & Yeshua
I will, so I'm told by Takealot, be receiving this book on the 24th August. It would have been very nice to get the Artscroll Haas Family Edition, but this book, containing all the chapters, was cheaper than one of those publications (they come in a set of two). I was very blessed to have a book benefactor buy the book for me.
It started long ago when I watched a few of Rabbi Alon Anava's video teachings on this book and I loved them. More recently, a friend of mine happened to see an upcoming teaching on said book advertised by Rabbi Israel Yakobob from Canada and remembered the desire I had expressed to learn it.
I rushed to register for the course. In his two-part introduction to the sefer, Rabbi Yakobob said some very inspiring and encouraging things. Amazing, actually.
He said there were so many people in his congregation alone who were being diagnosed with cancer and he wanted to do something to help them, thus the learning of this book. I know people either with cancer or still going for checkups to make sure it's gone, so I am learning this book for their healing. I pray HaShem will do a miracle.
The book is built around the Thirteen Attributes of Mercy of God and also on the Ten Sefirot. We are doing Chapter One and are currently learning about the first Attribute - Who is a God Like You?
It speaks of how God does not react to our disobedience to Him in anger, but instead continues to do us good. The idea is that if we could try our best to imitate Him and let the insults of others not upset us, we will be doing a great thing.
The most outstanding thing that I've learned so far came near the end of the fourth class.
There are three levels of sin: Chet, Avon and Pesha. Chet is accidental sin, Avon is intentional sin and Pesha is rebellious sin. He says that if we can suffer the insults of people without reacting in anger, we will immediately receive pardon for all three levels of sin.
That immediately made me think of what Yeshua said. Turn the other cheek. He obviously knew how beneficial this would be for us!
It is said that King David knew the principles contained in Tomer Devorah before it was written, so why not the Messiah?
Just another proof that Yeshua was and is Jewish (and is coming back as the King of the Jews), led a Jewish life on earth and read all the Jewish holy books.
The more I read and learn about Judaism, the more I can concretely connect Yeshua to it and the Jewish people - Him Himself being born a Jew by God's design. He is the Jewish Messiah and through Him we can all be saved and connected to Israel.
I am beyond grateful.

♥️
ReplyDeleteAmazing, wonderful, true.
ReplyDelete